If one of your items has been stolen, here’s a template for a sample letter to report a stolen item.
I am writing to report that my [item(s) stolen] [has/have] been stolen. It is my routine to leave the item at [usual location]. [Date and time] was the last time that I used or saw it. I believe that the theft occurred at [approximate date and time range]. I was [able/not able] to securely lock the item. It was very accessible to the following employees: [list of people that could access the item if left locked, and locations with access if not locked].
I will appreciate your investigation of this incident. I feel disappointed considering that my colleagues are dishonest to obtain another’s belonging.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Requesting for Machine Repair
- Applying Outside of Department
- Requesting for Volunteers
- Reporting of Potential Hazards
- Requesting for Additional Tasks
- Requesting for Additional Training
- Requesting for Educational Assistance
- Requesting Seminar Fee Reimbursment
- Unfavorable Recommendation Letter
- Reporting Self – Injury
- Inquiry to Reference
- Job Non – Acceptance
- Introducing Yourself as New Manager
- Letter for Rejecting a Candidate Employee after an Interview
- Letter Rejecting Counter Offer
- Informing Transfer / Promotion within Company
- Requesting Insurance Coverage for New Employee
- Letter to Cancel a Job Offer after Background Verification
- Supporting Employee Immigration Application
- Letter Announcing the Retirement of Employee