If you need to reject a candidate after the interview and screening process, here’s a template you can use to write a letter that politely rejects a candidate.
We were pleased to meet you and introduce to you and discuss with you our company. However, at the moment, we could not open a position for you within our company.
You showed very strong educational background, technical skills, and expertise. You were one of our best candidates. However, our company can only accept one candidate. We had to choose the right candidate who best satisfied the unique criteria for this position.
We certainly took pleasure in meeting you. We are happy to know that you would like to be involved in our company. Thus, in case another opening is available in our company, we shall keep your [curriculum vitae/application] until [period].
Other Free Letter Templates
- Requesting for Machine Repair
- Reporting Stolen Item
- Applying Outside of Department
- Requesting for Volunteers
- Reporting of Potential Hazards
- Requesting for Additional Tasks
- Requesting for Additional Training
- Requesting for Educational Assistance
- Requesting Seminar Fee Reimbursment
- Unfavorable Recommendation Letter
- Reporting Self – Injury
- Inquiry to Reference
- Job Non – Acceptance
- Introducing Yourself as New Manager
- Letter Rejecting Counter Offer
- Informing Transfer / Promotion within Company
- Requesting Insurance Coverage for New Employee
- Letter to Cancel a Job Offer after Background Verification
- Supporting Employee Immigration Application
- Letter Announcing the Retirement of Employee