If a candidate has failed the background check, here’s a template you can use to write an adverse action letter.
We are writing to inform you that at the moment, we could not offer you a position in this company. Note that we conduct intensive background evaluation through [Company] for all candidates applying for a position in our company. However, we were informed that you provided either incomplete or inaccurate information in your application.
Note that we are very strict in adhering to company policy regarding the full disclosure for applicants. We discussed with you this policy during your application. Thus, we need to cancel our offer to you. For further questions, you can communicate with [name] at [phone number] during [time and days available].
Other Free Letter Templates
- Requesting for Machine Repair
- Reporting Stolen Item
- Applying Outside of Department
- Requesting for Volunteers
- Reporting of Potential Hazards
- Requesting for Additional Tasks
- Requesting for Additional Training
- Requesting for Educational Assistance
- Requesting Seminar Fee Reimbursment
- Unfavorable Recommendation Letter
- Reporting Self – Injury
- Inquiry to Reference
- Job Non – Acceptance
- Introducing Yourself as New Manager
- Letter for Rejecting a Candidate Employee after an Interview
- Letter Rejecting Counter Offer
- Informing Transfer / Promotion within Company
- Requesting Insurance Coverage for New Employee
- Supporting Employee Immigration Application
- Letter Announcing the Retirement of Employee