If you need to verify a candidate’s references, here’s a template you can use to write a reference check letter.
We are considering [Employee Name] for a [position title] position within our institution. When [she/he] submitted her application,
cited you as one of [her/his] professional references.
We would be really grateful if you can share your thoughts of [his/her] performance and areas of strengths and weaknesses. We would also like to request for [additional information required]. Given the position she is applying for, we would like to know more about [his/her] aptitudes in
, along with further information that you believe is important.
We held [Employee Name]’s application until we have completed her background check. Thank you very much for your prompt response. You can contact me if you have any inquiries or comments.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Requesting for Machine Repair
- Reporting Stolen Item
- Applying Outside of Department
- Requesting for Volunteers
- Reporting of Potential Hazards
- Requesting for Additional Tasks
- Requesting for Additional Training
- Requesting for Educational Assistance
- Requesting Seminar Fee Reimbursment
- Unfavorable Recommendation Letter
- Reporting Self – Injury
- Job Non – Acceptance
- Introducing Yourself as New Manager
- Letter for Rejecting a Candidate Employee after an Interview
- Letter Rejecting Counter Offer
- Informing Transfer / Promotion within Company
- Requesting Insurance Coverage for New Employee
- Letter to Cancel a Job Offer after Background Verification
- Supporting Employee Immigration Application
- Letter Announcing the Retirement of Employee