Here is a sample template you can use to write a thank you letter for a recommendation.
Dear [teacher’s name],
I am letting you know that I have [been accepted into the organization/been admitted to the school/received the position/etc]. I feel that I would not have been able to do this without a recommendation letter from you. Thank you so much for taking the effort and time to write that letter to [opportunity requiring letter].
I know that it played a very important part in ensuring my success.
I am grateful for all you have done through the years to help me have a wonderful learning experience. I know that I will become successful in all my future endeavors because I will bring with me all the things I have learned from you.
Thank you so much for that excellent recommendation letter. I really appreciate your support.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Request Letter to transfer Teacher / Classes
- Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation
- Notifying Teacher of a Child’s Special Diet
- Transcripts Request by a Parent
- Thank You Letter for a Class
- Thank You Letter for a Meeting
- Notification to Drop a Class
- Transcript Request by a Student
- Request Letter for School Transfer
- Request for a School Meditation
- Thank You Letter to a Teacher Before Moving
- Homework List Request
- Transcript Request – Student (Alternate)
- Thank You Letter to Guidance Counsellor
- Dean Meeting Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for Teacher’s Concern