If you would like to move your child to a new school, here is a simple template you can use to write a letter requesting a school transfer.
To Whom It May Concern:
We would like to request a school transfer. We want to transfer [child’s name] from [current school] to [new school], which is outside of our jurisdiction.
We have reason to believe that [child’s name] would benefit greatly from this change. We considered his best interest in making this decision. We feel that the move will improve his education as well as social development because [give one or two reasons for the transfer].
We ask for your assistance in processing all the paperwork necessary to facilitate our requested transfer quickly. Please contact me at
if you need any additional information or documentation from us.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Request Letter to transfer Teacher / Classes
- Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation
- Notifying Teacher of a Child’s Special Diet
- Transcripts Request by a Parent
- Thank You Letter for a Class
- Thank You Letter for a Meeting
- Notification to Drop a Class
- Transcript Request by a Student
- Request for a School Meditation
- Thank You Letter to a Teacher Before Moving
- Homework List Request
- Transcript Request – Student (Alternate)
- Thank You Letter to Guidance Counsellor
- Thanking Teacher for Writing a Recommendation Letter
- Dean Meeting Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for Teacher’s Concern