If you have a dispute with your child’s school, here is a simple template you can use to write a letter requesting a school mediation.
Dear [Mediation Official],
This letter is my written request for mediation of the dispute between the [school name] and me. I am the [parent/guardian] of [child’s name] who is currently a Grade [Grade Level] in [teacher’s name] class in this school. The school and I have a disagreement regarding [description of the disagreement].
We have worked before to find a resolution for the problem. We exchanged several correspondences and even held meetings but they were all unsuccessful, as we cannot agree on a solution. I believe that requesting mediation is our last resort to attempt to resolve this problem. I think it is crucial that we should start the mediation process immediately.
Kindly schedule a mediation as soon as possible and please let me know once the date is set. Please inform me in advance so I can prepare any needed data. You can reach me anytime at [contact information].
Other Free Letter Templates
- Request Letter to transfer Teacher / Classes
- Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation
- Notifying Teacher of a Child’s Special Diet
- Transcripts Request by a Parent
- Thank You Letter for a Class
- Thank You Letter for a Meeting
- Notification to Drop a Class
- Transcript Request by a Student
- Request Letter for School Transfer
- Thank You Letter to a Teacher Before Moving
- Homework List Request
- Transcript Request – Student (Alternate)
- Thank You Letter to Guidance Counsellor
- Thanking Teacher for Writing a Recommendation Letter
- Dean Meeting Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for Teacher’s Concern