If your family is moving to a new city, here is a simple template you can use to write a thank you letter to a teacher when leaving school.
Dear [teacher’s name],
I want to tell you that [child’s name] last day in class is on [date]. Our family will move to [location] because [reason for the move], thus, [he/she] will need to move schools. We are sad to leave people who have already become part of our lives. However, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and say a proper goodbye.
Please know that [child’s name] had a fantastic and enjoyable learning experience in your class. Your teaching method had a positive influence on [him/her] that [he/she] talks about you a lot and is always excited to go to class. [Child’s name] will definitely miss you and
Please feel free to reach out to me at [contact information] should you have any questions or concerns.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Request Letter to transfer Teacher / Classes
- Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation
- Notifying Teacher of a Child’s Special Diet
- Transcripts Request by a Parent
- Thank You Letter for a Class
- Thank You Letter for a Meeting
- Notification to Drop a Class
- Transcript Request by a Student
- Request Letter for School Transfer
- Request for a School Meditation
- Homework List Request
- Transcript Request – Student (Alternate)
- Thank You Letter to Guidance Counsellor
- Thanking Teacher for Writing a Recommendation Letter
- Dean Meeting Thank You Letter
- Thank You Letter for Teacher’s Concern