Letter To Change EIN Responsible Party (Sample)

Letter To Change EIN Responsible Party

If you’ve taken over the responsibilities of another employee and are now the Responsible Party for the EIN, here’s a template you can use to inform the IRS.

Dear [Personnel],

After some recent changes in our company, it has been decided that I, [new employee] the new [position] would be replacing [name of former employee] over all matters regarding our taxes.

We want to retain our current EIN number [number]. It is already in too many records that replacing it now would be too much of a hassle. However, I would like a change in the ownership of the number. To avoid any future inconvenience and confusion, I want to request that the number’s ownership be changed from [name of former employee] to mine.

To make things clear here’s our current and desired information:

CURRENT:[name of former employee]

NEW: [new employee]

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me through the number [number]. I would keep my lines open to accommodate your questions.

Thank you,


Other Free Letter Templates