If you’ve taken over the responsibilities of another employee and are now the Responsible Party for the EIN, here’s a template you can use to inform the IRS.
After some recent changes in our company, it has been decided that I, [new employee] the new [position] would be replacing [name of former employee] over all matters regarding our taxes.
We want to retain our current EIN number [number]. It is already in too many records that replacing it now would be too much of a hassle. However, I would like a change in the ownership of the number. To avoid any future inconvenience and confusion, I want to request that the number’s ownership be changed from [name of former employee] to mine.
To make things clear here’s our current and desired information:
CURRENT:[name of former employee]
NEW: [new employee]
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me through the number [number]. I would keep my lines open to accommodate your questions.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Letter of Refusal of a Project Offer
- Customer Satisfaction Survey Request
- Management Feedback Form
- Contract Cancellation Letter
- Warranty Claim Letter
- Formal Petition Letter
- Request for Advice regarding a Company Problem
- Refusal Letter for Gifts from Clients and Suppliers
- Formal Letter of Complaint to a Supplier
- Request Letter for Late Payments (Medical Bill)
- Warning Letter against Defamation
- Site Tour Invitation Letter to Customers
- Seminar Invitation Letter to Customers
- Direct Bill Letter for a Company Guest
- Approval Letter for a Newly Opened Credit Line
- Request Letter for a Dependent to be added to Insurance
- Changes in Company Policy regarding Paid Holidays