If you would like the school to get your permission before your child sees a guidance counselor, here is a simple template you can use to write a letter to the school about counseling.
Dear [Principal’s name],
This is to inform you that I am requesting that you notify me before setting up [child’s name] with any guidance meetings.
I learned that your school’s guidance counselor had a one on one meeting with [child’s name] on [date]. My child felt upset and confused after the said meeting, which leads me to believe that your guidance counselor did not handle the meeting properly.
I do understand the importance of a guidance counselor as they can assist the students in different ways. As I am sure you are aware though, every child is different. I am not questioning the capability of your school’s counselor but as a human being [he/she] cannot possibly understand all the different needs of every child. I believe this is one of those situations where the counselor cannot connect to a child’s emotional state regarding a certain situation.
[Child’s name] is not comfortable with the guidance counselor. I am requesting that [he/she] will no longer have any more counseling meetings without informing me in advance.
Thank you for understanding and for respecting my wishes.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Congratulations Letter for Graduation
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition
- Letter informing Parents of a School Event
- Commendation Letter for a Teacher
- Follow-up Letter to Student Progress after Parent – Teacher Conference
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition (Alternate)
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Minimal / No Professional History
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Professional History
- Parent Complaint Letter against a Student
- College Admission Acceptance Letter
- Home Schooling Intent Letter
- School Board Decision Letter of Appeal
- Request Letter to Correct Teacher’s Grading Error
- Letter of Complaint against Teacher
- Letter to Parents about the School’s Discipline Policy
- Apology Letter to Teachers
- Grad School Recommendation Request Letter
- Teacher’s Letter requesting assistance from Principal