Here’s a simple template you can use to request someone for a letter of recommendation.
As my [role], I would like to let you know that since my long-term goal is [goal], I plan to get a degree in [field]. When [goal background], I became interested in this field. Thus, I will apply to the master’s program of [University name]’s School of [Field].
I humbly ask for your recommendation to help me get into this University. I would feel very honored if you can write a recommendation letter supporting me on this path. I took the liberty of enclosing the necessary documents to include the program materials, recommendation forms, as well as [additional documents].
Please let me know if you have any questions. I am more than willing to discuss and answer those for you. Thank you so much in advance for your support.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Congratulations Letter for Graduation
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition
- Letter informing Parents of a School Event
- Commendation Letter for a Teacher
- Follow-up Letter to Student Progress after Parent – Teacher Conference
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition (Alternate)
- Reporting Issues with Child’s Visit to Guidance Counsellor
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Minimal / No Professional History
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Professional History
- Parent Complaint Letter against a Student
- College Admission Acceptance Letter
- Home Schooling Intent Letter
- School Board Decision Letter of Appeal
- Request Letter to Correct Teacher’s Grading Error
- Letter of Complaint against Teacher
- Letter to Parents about the School’s Discipline Policy
- Apology Letter to Teachers
- Teacher’s Letter requesting assistance from Principal