If you’re planning on homeschooling your child, here’s a sample template you can use to write a letter of intent for homeschooling.
This letter of intent can be used in NY, KY, FL, VA, WV, GA, OH & ME.
Dear [School Official Name],
This is to notify you that we intend to home school our
during the [20??-20??]school year. [Child’s name] is in grade
on the said school year.
I have enclosed a preliminary list of the curriculum, textbooks, library and internet resources, and other materials we plan to use. We have set an educational goal for [child’s name]. To ensure that we reach this goal, I may need to exercise my right to make revisions and changes to this list.
Please send me a written notification if you acknowledge this letter. You can reach me at [phone #] should you need to contact us.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Congratulations Letter for Graduation
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition
- Letter informing Parents of a School Event
- Commendation Letter for a Teacher
- Follow-up Letter to Student Progress after Parent – Teacher Conference
- Notifying Teacher of Student’s Medical Condition (Alternate)
- Reporting Issues with Child’s Visit to Guidance Counsellor
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Minimal / No Professional History
- Cover Letter for Graduate School Admission: Professional History
- Parent Complaint Letter against a Student
- College Admission Acceptance Letter
- School Board Decision Letter of Appeal
- Request Letter to Correct Teacher’s Grading Error
- Letter of Complaint against Teacher
- Letter to Parents about the School’s Discipline Policy
- Apology Letter to Teachers
- Grad School Recommendation Request Letter
- Teacher’s Letter requesting assistance from Principal