As an accountant or bookkeeper, it’s not uncommon to make mistakes that could affect other people—such as clients or peers—which makes issuing an apology all the more crucial. If you’ve made an accounting error or incorrectly charged a customer, here’s an easy letter template you can use write an apology letter for an accounting error.
Dear Valued Customer,
We owe you an explanation about what happened in our accounting department. I hope that this letter will help to address the problem.
I know that you understand that it takes sometime for us to determine exactly what happened. That is why we are sorry for our late response.
Fortunately, your payment was received promptly. However, it was credited to an account that has a similar name to yours. Therefore, we begin sending you our standard notices requesting payment in accordance to our payment policy. Even after the posting error was retrieved, our accounting department failed to inform our credit department. That is why you continued to receive conformity demanding payment.
I know how infuriating this to you and I am sorry for taking it so long to resolve the problem. Even though there is a procedure to our firm to impede this type of mistake from occurring. We are strengthening this procedure.
You have been our valued customer for a long time and we are truly happy to serve you. We will do our best so that a problem like this will not arise.
Making an apology for committing a mistake can be tough. It takes courage to admit that you’ve made a wrong move. But in certain situations, apologizing is the best way to accept your responsibility and make amends.
Such is the case when dealing with accounting errors.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Apology And Proposed Settlement For An Overshipped Item
- Apology And Request For Extension For Delivery
- Apology And Tender Of Compensation
- Apology For Client Refund Delay
- Apology For Mistaken Past-due Notice / Accounting Error
- Apology For Not Crediting Payment
- Apology For Order Cancellation
- Apology For Sending Incorrect Order Item
- Apology For Sub-standard Service
- Apology To Client Regarding Employee Rudeness
- Apology To Receiver Of NSF Check
- Overshipment Apology
- Sorry Letter And Notification Of Damaged Item Replacement