If you’re a freelance writer applying for a job, here’s a simple template you can use to write a cover letter for a freelance writer job opening.
Dear [Name of editor],
Attached is my work entitled, [title]. The word count is
[number of words]
. My work is a [type of literature] under the genre [genre]. I will submit this work for publication [by/in] [publisher/publication].
I have prior experience as a freelance writer. I have worked on articles or stories in the following publications: [publications in relation to current submission]. Specifically in this area, my experiences include
[experience within the area of current submission]
I am grateful for your kind consideration of my work. I hope to hear from you.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Filing Pleadings to Clerk of Court
- Letter on Placing Bid as Builder to Client
- Providing Invoice from Programmer to Client
- Cover Letter to Contractor on Non – Disclosure Agreement
- Letter from Design / Advertising on Delivery of Materials
- Executive Letter to Request for Reimbursment
- Letter from Attorney on Settlement Package
- Cover Letter Form Consultant on Contract Transmission
- Cover Letter for Lawn Service Bid
- Cover Letter from Photographer on Package and Payment Request
- Cover Letter from Editor on Request for Novel Rewrite
- Cover Letter from Marketing Firm Re: Questionnaire
- Cover Letter from Accountant Re: Invoice and Tax Documents