If your company is downsizing and you have to reduce the number of employees, here’s a template you can use to write a letter for termination of an employee.
We regret to let you know that due to the downsizing that’s happening in our company, we must terminate your employment with us. This is effective on [date].
Please don’t think that this termination have anything to do with your performance. You did well with us. We couldn’t have been happier with you in all [time] that you have been here.
You’re a very capable person [name]. We are confident that you’ll find yourself employed again in no time. If you want it, I could write you a recommendation letter. Just let me know.
Other Free Letter Templates
- Letter of Suspension for Misbehaving Employee
- Termination of a Previously Approved Credit Line
- Warning against Incurring a Lot of Lates and Absences
- Warning against Misbehaving in the Office
- Warning against Too Much Socializing
- Last Warning Before Termination
- Termination Letter for Insubordination